Meetinghouse COVID-19 guidelines
Based on CDC:
All community spread levels:
- Anyone exposed to COVID or experiencing symptoms of COVID should not attend in-person events and should follow CDC guidelines for testing prior to returning to meeting house.
- SVFM highly recommends up-to-date vaccination, which greatly reduces severe illness and death from COVID
- SVFM will increase ventilation by meeting outside when possible, or using the air purifier with the doors closed if meeting inside
- SVFM will provide masks at meeting house for any who wish to wear them
- During any meeting in the meeting house, attendees should fill out an attendance list for contact tracing if meeting indoors,
- Attenders should contact ministry and counsel if they test positive for COVID within 5 days of attending an in-person event at the meeting house, ministry and counsel will notify other attendees of exposure
During high community spread, additional precautions currently include:
- Everyone must wear a well fitting mask when in the building at all times
- N-95 and KN-95 masks are recommended
- Chairs must be spaced 6 feet apart
- No more than 20 attendees in the main meeting room
Suspension of Gatherings at Swannanoa Valley Friends Meetinghouse
Our meetinghouse is currently not available for gatherings until further notice, per public health concerns.
The former content of this page is below
Sharing our facility and grounds is, for us, a ministry to our community. Our discernment in those decisions focuses on individuals and groups whose activities and intentions are compatible with those of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), such as celebrations, memorials, weddings, meetings, workshops, dances, and concerts.
We are a spiritual community and not a commercial conference center, and thus are without a paid staff. Volunteers will do our best to ensure that your use of the facility goes smoothly; we ask for your patience and flexibility as we try to balance the needs of our Meeting members/attenders and our guest meetinghouse users.
First priority goes to SVFM members and attenders who wish to use the meetinghouse for a private event: you are invited to contact the meetinghouse use manager.
For everyone else, if you or your group would like to use our meetinghouse, we invite you to:
- Read the SVFM User Agreement Nov. 2018 to see if the Meetinghouse would suit your needs
- Check our calendar to see if the date you wish is available,
- Then email us to make arrangements for your activity.
Suggested Donations: We ask guest users to consider that costs are incurred for utilities and maintenance that support your event(s). For individuals and small businesses we suggest, and gratefully welcome, a donation of $50 per unit of time--one unit being a morning, afternoon or evening.